Tax Tip Caregiver Tax Credit and EI Claim

If you take time off work to care for a gravely ill or dying family member, including a parent, spouse or child, you may be eligible to be provided with empolyment insurance benefits of up to six weeks.  You may also claim the caregiver tax credit which reduces federal tax by up to $642 if you are over 18, providing in home care for an infirm, dependent relative who is at least 65.  This will be reduced by dependents income in excess of $14,624 and is eliminated entirely when the income reaches  $18,906.

Category Groups

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *