Ontario Tax Credit Changes

In the past we have received refundable tax credits from the Ontario government for Sales Tax, Rent and Property Tax.  These will no longer be paid to you on your tax return.  The Ontario government will now calculate these credits separately and if you qualifity will pay them to you directly, in quarterly payments commencing in July 2012.  This new benefit will be called the Ontario Trillium.  You will continue to receive the Children’s Activity Tax Credit, Healthy homes Renovation Tax Credit, Ontario Focused Flow-Through Share Tax Credit and Political Contribution Tax Credit on your tax return.

Category Groups

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *