The Ontario government provides an online tax service known as ONT-TAXS for Ontario businesses. Using ONT-TAXS, such businesses can:
- file tax returns for Employer Health Tax, Fuel Tax, Gasoline Tax, International Fuel Tax Agreements, Tobacco Tax, and Beer and Wine Tax accounts;
- make tax payments;
- view up to four years of account history;
- update account information;
- request a refund for overpayment of tax; and
- view PDF copies of most correspondence issued to the business from the Ministry, and communicate with the Ministry through a secure messaging feature. That feature allows taxpayers to attach Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat (PDF), and plain text (TXT) files.
In order to use the service, taxpayers must create an ID and password when they first log on. Thereafter, only the ID and password are required to gain access to ONT-TAXS.
More details of the service are outlined on the Ontario government Web site at http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/en/services/onttaxs/index.html.