Work Location: 3 – 146 West Beaver Creek Road, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 1C2
Job Position: Assistant Accountant (NOC 12011)
Job Types: Full-time
Schedule: 35 hours/week, 52 weeks per year, Monday to Friday
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Irene Y. Ji CPA Professional Corporation is currently seeking an experienced and capable Assistant Accountant to join our team, with a specific focus on handling non-resident clients and resident clients that include overseas assets. The focus of this role is to effectively oversee non-resident clients and resident clients with foreign assets, necessitating a strong grasp of foreign taxation, client management experience, and adaptable communication skills. The ability to work independently as well as part of a team is equally vital. We look forward to welcoming you aboard!
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Develop efficient workflows to enhance management efficiency for non-resident clients. This includes maintaining the client list, updating client contact information, and ensuring timely collection of tax filing information, encompassing details related to non-resident tax returns and underused housing tax returns.
- Manage accounts receivable for non-resident clients, ensuring the timely and accurate recording and tracking of payments.
- Maintain accurate records of clients’ overseas assets and tax-related transactions to ensure compliance with relevant tax regulations.
- Set work schedules, monitor each client’s compliance with tax filing deadlines, and collaborate with other team members to ensure prompt and correct submission of tax and financial information.
- Proactively address potential issues with both new and existing client accounts. Take appropriate actions and provide regular progress reports to ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client information, ensuring the security of sensitive data.
- Actively seek out potential clients, especially non-residents, and establish, nurture, and maintain long-term, stable relationships by connecting with key decision-makers.
- Perform other office tasks, including issuing monthly statements to clients, managing office supplies, and recording invoices and bills.
- Assist in training related to company policies, and support team members in understanding their job responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills Needed:
- Completion of a college program or courses in international accounting and taxation.
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience in accounting, a portion of which should have been spent in a supervision role.
- Possession of accounting certifications is highly desirable.
- Technical proficiency, including the use of Microsoft Office.
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Adapt at multitasking and managing multiple responsibilities concurrently.
- Outstanding organizational capabilities, with a keen eye for detail.
- Skilled in clear and effective communication with both team members and clients.
To apply, please email your resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org